Manufacturer & Distributor
Verify your components are performing well.
Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of your products is critical
While solar collectors, tanks, pump-stations, heat-exchanger and controllers are all tested, rated and certified, the real test is how they perform in live applications. Real-life applications where collectors are delivering energy to storage tank to be either lost to the abasement air or consumed in the building provides a platform to test viability of your product. Comparing flat-plates to evacuated tubes or closed loop to drain-back systems along with various controller setups, give you the opportunity assess and develop better performing products.
- Might a different installation practice make your panels perform better?
- Is conventional wisdom of your installer based on engineering wisdom or do they set controllers to the default because they don't read the instructions?
- Could all your products perform better if installed and controlled correctly?
Looking at portfolios of systems let us answer some of those questions and more. Customers often say things like "Great! I love my system, it saves me so much" or " I don't know if it is doing anything". Sometimes the second case might be performing better than the first, but without measuring, it may just be hear-say. Today many people buy collectors based on brand loyalty or certification testing. Soon more people will be buy based on performance for their application. As the thermal industry grows people will be buy based on the most energy(BTU) for the lowest lifecycle cost.
- Web-based monitoring allows you to verify that your systems are running well and provide your customer assurance that their investment is working.
- A secure login allow you to see all current and historical information about the operation of your system, from any computer or mobile device connected to the Internet.
Compare similar systems
- Understand the operations of solar collectors, pump-stations, controllers, tanks and heat-exchanger all contribute to performance.
- Measure now and develop the most productive product.
- Evaluate how your product is used or perhaps misused.
- Unless you look at the data you can’t learn from the data.
- Compare collector types and models.
- Flat-plate, evacuated tubes, glazed and unglazed all have their place when used appropriately.
- Give your engineers the tools they need to evaluate designs and system strategies
While certification testing proves potential performance, monitoring reports actual performance. Eventually solar collectors will be judged and bought based on life cycle cost per unit of energy produced.