Monitoring provided using the Thermal-Grid DL2, built on the Resol DL2(V1.45, V1.46) hardware. (Note: not currently V2.0) plus other compatible devices
Thermal-Grid allows you (installer & owner) to view system operations as they are happening and view history. The Resol DL2 stores data locally. Thermal-Grid allows you to view data from your desktop or any smart (Web connected) device. Thermal-Grid DL2 makes it easy. Just plug the Thermal-Grid DL2 into the Internet and data flows. Wait a few minutes and you will see sensor data show up on your screen. In a week you will have a week of daily averages. In a year you will see the seasonal ups and down of operations. It is like a virtual service contract where alarms can be sent to an installer or owner when operations or performance issues appear.
When your customers buy a solar hot water system, they are paying for the hardware installed. Since they are really investing in the future energy to be produced by the system, they will find monitoring the most cost-effective way to insure the highest performance over years of service.
The Thermal-Grid DL2 plugs in and is ready to go. Data is delivered to a cloud based server which you can log into from any Web connected device. Both the owner and installer have access to see how the system is running.
If the owner wants to buy it and forget it, they can do that with security that Thermal-Grid monitoring will alert them or their installer if needed. It is a tool that lets the installer see operations screens for installers, including distribution and additional devices
Why is it useful, important (worth buying)
- Helps user understand how the system is working, understand more about their own system
- Remote web viewing is more convenient than going to the boiler room to check values, or convenient if end user is not on site
- Historical data shows how the system has run since monitoring began
- The installer/service person can observe operations and manage maintenance remotely
- Easy view and alerts help end user and installer to figure out a problem, if one occurs, in a shorter amount of time
- Monitoring shows if a site is not functioning and can help to diagnose problems before site visits are required
- Allows the installer to detect problems before the homeowner does
- Helps to protect Investment
- May be used to receive REC’s, rebates, and incentives which may cover cost of monitoring
How is it Easy?
- Plug and Play installation, sensors automatically detected
- Sites have reports which are easy to view
- Installer view to manage multiple sites and “skim” important information
- Alarms emailed if there is a problem
- Monthly "Health Reports" emailed, so even if you don't look at the website you will get periodic status reports
- Since the monitoring is reading all the information from the controller, no or few additional sensor need to be installed.