Audits & Feasibility Studies
Plan with information, think before you start.
When a building owner investigates the feasibility of a major energy efficiency project or a solar heating system they want to plan for the best solution. Fuel bills, occupancy records and ASHREA tables provide information for an educated guess about sizing the scale of improvements. Energy efficiency and solar thermal systems can provide great cost effective investments, but can only reduce the load your building uses.
If you don't know that load before you start, find out.
- Monitoring the load can provide engineers and designers real usage patterns to size and operate equipment efficiently.
- Measuring your load provides information to engineer appropriate systems and manage your energy budget.
- Measure Water usage in detail to understand where the fuel and money goes.
- Measuring water temperatures in and out of the building along with boiler operation and efficiency provides system benchmark to design and evaluate energy improvements.
If your energy expenses are high enough to matter, monitoring matters.
- Verify both quantity of energy used, and how it is used.
- Verify feasibility of proposals from contractors.
- Assess benefits and actual return on investment.
We provide monitoring and ongoing commissioning tools to manage your energy budget. When large solar systems are installed monitoring is a standard cost saving O&M measure. So, if monitoring is installed as part of the feasibility process you can track impact from the solar and other energy measures installed.